Visit Tidelands exhibit area and view live animals native to our Georgia coast!
Live animal exhibits include a young loggerhead sea turtle, crabs, baby alligators, freshwater turtles, tortoises, snakes, marine fish, and more!
Click on a Tidelands exhibit area below for pictures and a brief description.
Download an Adopt- An- Animal form to adopt your favorite Tidelands' critter.
Our main Saltwater Exhibit area features:
- Touch tanks with horseshoe crabs, hermit crabs, sea anemones and knobbed whelks.
- Aquariums with sea stars, stone crabs, tiny shrimp, huge red drumfish and more!
- Loggerhead sea turtle tank and nest exhibit.
- Seashell displays identifying island beach finds
- Diamondback terrapin tank -- see our only salt-marsh turtle!
- Salt marsh display illustrating the roles of many marsh creatures.
- Shrimp trawl exhibit including shrimp aquariums, shrimp trawl model with TEDs, and an interactive multimedia kiosk.
Click here for more information and pictures about our Saltwater Exhibits!
Our Reptile & Birding Display area features:
- Gopher tortoises -- Georgia's State Reptile!
- Common Snakes of Georgia
- Baby American Alligators
- Box, Softshell, and slider Turtles
- "Birders' Corner" with local bird sighting news, photos, and an interactive computer kiosk to ID our beautiful coastal birds!
Click here for more information and pictures about our Reptile and Birding Exhibits!
Our Outdoor Exhibit area and annex building features:
- Fish exhibit
- Manatee model and mural display
- Nature trail through the maritime forest
- Outdoor gopher tortoise habitat with burrowing and grazing areas
- Birding area (a Jekyll Birding Hot Spot) where Painted buntings regularly visit our feeders in season!! Also, look for marsh rabbits, bluebirds, great-crested flycatchers, and chickadees nesting nearby.
- Please check out Lydia Thompson’s Birding Blog for more bird info!
Click here for more information and pictures about our Outdoor Exhibits!
Admission Cost for Tidelands exhibit area:
$4.00 per person (Ages 2 and under – no charge. )
Tidelands exhibit area hours:
Monday- Friday: 9:00am- 4:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am- 2:00pm
Tidelands Gift (and Ice Cream) Shop
Our Tidelands gift shop is open during regular exhibit hours. Look for your favorite coastal animals among our selection of T-shirts or collection of stuffed animals. Nature books, ID cards, note cards, posters and frozen treats are available as well. We gladly accept cash, personal check, or traveler's cheque - no credit or debit cards.