Full-Time Administration Associate 1 (UGA Posting 20170420)
You must apply online at www.ugajobsearch.com (search posting #20170420--Administrative Associate 1).
Administrative Associate 1 Job Announcement (pdf file)
This is a highly responsible position performing administrative support functions for Fortson 4-H Center in Hampton, GA. Responsibilities include support of the overall 4-H mission with focus on the Georgia 4-H Environmental Education and Summer Camp programs. This position requires an individual who has a clear ability to work independently without immediate, daily supervision. This position will be a face of Fortson 4-H Center greeting guests, providing support and information.
- High school diploma or equivalent and two years of progressively responsible office experience.
- Considerable knowledge of office practices, procedures, systems, and equipment.
- Ability to maintain administrative, fiscal and guest records and to prepare reports and answer questions from such records.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with officials, employees, students and associates and to effectively convey information.
- Extensive knowledge of computer software including Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and website maintenance software.
- Must enjoy working and interacting with the public, school teachers, vendors and University personnel as well as target youth audience
- Ability to understand and answer questions about Fortson's core programs (Georgia 4-H Environmental Education and Summer Camp Programs)
- Dynamic personality
Seasonal Environmental Educator (Spring 2017)
Environmental Educator Job Announcement (PDF file)
- Teach interdisciplinary science-based environmental education classes
- Conduct evening programs
- Provide leadership to school groups participating in the program
- Maintain teaching laboratories
- Other duties as assigned which may include facility maintenance, landscaping, housekeeping, etc.
- Genuine interest in children
- Dynamic personality
- Well-developed communication skills
- Leadership ability
- Bachelor or Associate degree in Education, Natural Science, Environmental Education or related field preferred.
- Successful applicants must consent to background check
Staff are hired to work for the Fall Environmental Education season which begins in mid-February and ends in late May. There is an opportunity to return for the Fall 2017season (late August-November).
Note: Please apply online at www.ugajobsearch.com (search posting #20160609--Fortson 4-H Environmental Educator).