Environmental Education Instructor Position Available
Make the beach and marsh your new classroom with Burton 4-H Center on Tybee Island! As part of the University of Georgia Extension 4-H system, Burton 4-H Center provides high-quality day and residential environmental educational experiences. Environmental Educators will teach hands-on classes in coastal ecology, including beach and marsh ecology, reptiles, seining in the ocean, sea turtles, squid and shark dissection and more.
Position runs from mid August through June 1st, with unpaid time-off for approximately three weeks in December and January.
$9.00/hour with 34 - 40 hours per week ($306 - $360 per week). Housing is available for $40 per week in our new staff house (see below). Limited health insurance plan is provided.
- Teach environmental education day and evening classes to predominantly 3rd-8th grade students throughout the week days.
- Maintain teaching laboratories and provide care for educational animals.
- Assist with facilities maintenance and basic janitorial needs.
- Commitment, genuine interest in child development, dynamic personality, well-developed communication skills, creativity, and leadership ability
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience leading children (work or volunteer)
Apply immediately at www.UGAJobSearch.com (search for job posting 20160436); then notify David Weber by email (email@example.com) that you have completed your application. Apply ASAP, positions open until filled.
|Left: Staff House outside.||Right: Kitchen inside staff house.|
For more information on Employment Opportunities at Burton 4-H Center, please contact David Weber at (912) 786-5534 or firstname.lastname@example.org.